Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Jackson: Going to College

I Love him...like no other six year old out there.

His desire to learn everything is awesome.

His questions show his innocence and that it something I wish I could keep for him.

Here, he is trying to be cool and not look at us while on the ride...
Then, he decided to start blowing at us.
{No, I am not sure why?}

Anyhow, on the way home from school today, Jackson and I were talking about school.
We got onto talking about college.
{Yes, I am aware he is 6. But, college is important and they know that is where they will go after high school.}

So,here is how it went:

Me: "You go to college for 4 years, unless you want to be a doctor or a dentist. Then, you would go longer. You don't have to decide what you want to be now. You have lots of time."

Jackson: "But, how long do you have to go to be a baseball player? 4 days?"

Ummmmmm, I just answered with "It depends."

{We'll send that question to Daddy to answer, along with the one about what those ball things are under the boys privates. Mommy doesn't know about those.}

And another college conversation on a different day:

Jackson: "Mommy, I will miss you when I go to college."
Me: "What? You mean you won't live here? Who will clean your clothes and pack your lunch?"
Jackson: "Oh, I'll still come home after college mommy. I will just be gone longer during the day. You can still wash my clothes."

Whew! Thank goodness! That was a close one! What would I do with my day without 2 loads of laundry to fill it? ;-P


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...