Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One of Those Days

Today had all of the beginnings of a special day.
The kids woke up at 7:30 a.m., instead of the usual 5:45 or 6.
When they woke up, they kept themselves entertained by playing in their room,
rather than getting me up.
We had no arguments in the morning, at the house.
We all got ready in peace and no one complained about having to get dressed
or brush their teeth,
or heaven forbid, put on their shoes.

We were on our way to the movies for the 10:00 show.
This week's $1 movie was "Hotel For Dogs."
{I even packed our own popcorn and juice boxes to save $ AND calories}

So, we all sat down at the theater, after having to remind the boys only 500 times on the way in to stop running and stay close by.
{Note to self, buy leashes with shock collars }
And 15 minutes later, Lily began her meltdown.
I took her out of theater while my friend Lorie stayed with the boys.

Out of theater, Lily was silent.
One step into theater and she began shrieking.
I tried to go out and come right back in.
But...it was the same thing...
Perhaps she is allergic to the theater or this particular movie?

So, I drag screaming Lily into theater and gather up the rest of my children and sweet friend.
Off to the playground we go.
Parker goes into an alternate direction.
Again.
I lose days of my life, while wondering where he is.
And we finally get to play!

Lily screams at every little girl that comes near her, that EACH piece of equipment is hers. "MINE!!"
And if they get to close, she hits them.
Man, she's so sweet.
This means time-out while the other moms look at me with those looks of
"Holy Hell, control your kid."
Then, Parker pushes Jackson off of the top part of a climber. Hard.
Jackson lays on the floor in dramatic fashion to imply he is broken. Or dying.
He is fine.
Parker is now in time-out.
And the looks continue.
And I wonder "Why the hell don't they serve booze at the indoor mall playground?"
{At least, THEN, the mothers would have a reason to give me dirty looks.}
Finally, everyone seems to be acting better.
Parker says "Mom, I have to go potty."
This means..."Mom, I will pee right here if we don't RUN to the bathroom."
So, we get ready to go when I turn around and don't see Parker.
I look for what felt like 15 minutes but really was more like 3 sec.
He turns up around a corner.
Off to the potty {which will be a story for another day.}

And back to play.

And then, we go eat in the food court. Parker disappears again.
We find him again. I threaten his life {or his Nintendo DS.}

We eat subway.
They all complain,
Eat like animals who have never seen manners,
And argue.

Now, we have been home.
Naps have been taken by all...even me.
And we are going to try the gym.

I must be a glutton for punishment to try to get them out of the house again.
Either that, or I enjoy the 2 hour break I get when they go into the gym nursery.
Hmmmmm?

3 comments:

The Lutz Family said...

Your posts truly crack me up sometimes!!!

Isn't the two hour daycare limit at the gym amazing? Definitely makes me work out a lot longer then I would if I didn't enjoy the peace and quiet. Sometimes I even ponder just sitting in the locker room surfing the internet on my iPhone while someone else watches the little guy on bad days!

Scott S. said...

That is a full day. A crazy day.

Amanda said...

Hahahaha! I feel like this 5 of the 7 days a week. And I only have 2 kids...don't know what I would do with a 3rd :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...