Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Friday, March 16, 2012

Race for the Cure

I participated in the Race for the Cure at Coconut Point on Saturday.
With the kids being sick all week, I did not get a chance to get any running in.
I have been running 2.5 miles three times a week but this was going to be a further distance and after a long week of laziness.
It was so much fun! The race was one of the better ones I have seen and the trail was so great!
I have been bitten by the running bug and can't wait to go run some more.
The problem is, I have been bitten a little too late in Florida to get many races in before the heat sets in.
I think I may need to schedule a race for September to jump start the running!

Anyhoo, this was an emotional event, as I saw people wearing signs
"Running for my Mom. RIP"
"Running because my Aunt can't."
"Running for my kids" {A survivor's shirt}

The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure is a great foundation to get behind!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...