Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Decorating the Tree

We have had our tree up for over a week,
but finding the time to decorate it after the school day was becoming a challenge!
So, Saturday night, we took our baths
and got dressed in our new pajamas that our elf, Noodle, brought for us.

And we decorated.
Willie did the most fragile ornaments and put them up high.

The kids put the ornaments that I handed them on the lower part of the tree...

and all on the same branches. :)

Not to worry, I went back and re-distributed them the following day.
{I am not OCD for the most part, but I truly need an even Christmas tree.}

Then, we jumped on our golf cart and drove around looking at Christmas lights in our neighborhood.

It was the perfect way to end our night!

Christmas time is so much fun for me.
I LOVE watching the kids look around for our elf every morning.
I love seeing their surprise when the elf leaves them a treat!
I love seeing these things through their eyes.
It truly is the best!
I also love that the kids know why we celebrate Christmas.
I know we put an emphasis on Santa when they are small.
But, if you ask them why we have Christmas, they will tell you that it is Jesus' birthday.
We are working hard to make sure they don't lose sight of this!


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...