Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Pay It Forward

I read a blog recently {and for the life of me, I can't recall which one} and the blogger mentioned doing nice deeds for others. The idea of buying the person's coffee order behind you in the drive through was one of the ideas.

I decided that I would try that once in awhile to start someone's day off right.

So, we dropped Willie off at the airport and went to Dunkin Donuts {My FAVORITE coffee shop!}. I decided that this would be my first time giving someone a good start to their day.

As we are waiting to cross the road, the car behind me honks and gives me the finger because he obviously felt that I should have crossed when I was being more cautious. I do have 3 kiddos in the car with me, and it is 6:45 a.m. which is way too early for giving people the finger!

So, I pull into the drive through and guess who pulls in behind me?
Yep.
The friendly one-finger waving guy.

I'll be honest.
I considered for a brief second that I would not do my
"Start Someone's Day Off Right" with this guy.
But, I quickly made the right choice.
I paid for his coffee and donut and drove off before I could see a reaction.

And, I wanted this nice thing I do to be my little secret. I don't want any praise.
I want to do it to seriously brighten someone's day.

But, this was really God at work.
He challenged me to do something my pride might not always let me do. I mean, the guy did just insult me so buying his coffee is not the first thing that comes to mind.

I turned the other cheek, so to speak.

So, in light of this, I urge you to "Start Someone's Day off Right."
Regardless of what you do or how you do it...wouldn't it be nice if we all helped each other out more, rather than think of only what makes our own day happier?

Take the challenge.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Good for you Rachel! I would have had a hard time doing that too - but I bet he really felt like a jerk after that!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...