Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Making It Work

I have been reading The Pioneer Woman lately and
have become inspired in the cooking/baking department.
I am not an expert cook.
At all.
Tonight, I decided that I would make dinner.
The goals were:
1) Something the kids would eat.
2) Something with extra protein {for my hard workout today}
3) Something with ingredients I have here.

So, I boiled chicken breasts.

While that was going on, I made dough and let it rise.
I spread the dough out to make crust.

I shredded the boiled chicken and spread it over the crust.
Then, I put spaghetti sauce over it to hide it from the picky eater(s).

Then, I made due with the cheese I had in the fridge.
A little shredded.
Some colby jack slices.
Some american cheese slices.

And, I was leery of what would come out of this.

It was delish!
And we have extra for tomorrow!! Woohoo!!

Now...to make my own spaghetti sauce this week!!

1 comment:

Samantha B said...

Awesome! I've started baking and trying new things... that looks really good!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...