Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Going Organic

I am on an organic roll these days. I am trying to avoid the pesticides and antibiotics put in some of our favorite foods.
I am also trying to skip fast food as much as possible.
So far, we haven't had it since our drive home from Oklahoma City.
At times, it is the easier choice with our crazy schedule and 3 small children.
But, I want to make the healthiest decisions for these kids, who can't always make the right choices for themselves.

SO, I enrolled in an organic produce co-op. I receive a basket of produce every 2 weeks.
This is what was in my first basket:
For the cost, it is certainly the way to go. I wouldn't be able to buy this organic stuff in the store for the price, nor could I buy this in non-organic for the cost.
I am also supporting local farmers and getting it straight to my table within 3 days of harvesting.

The hard part has been figuring out what to do with some of these vegetables I would normally not purchase. But, that is the best part. I am getting vitamins from things I normally don't eat. And my kids are too.

I am off to buy a juicer today to make some yummy vegetable/fruit smoothies with some of my loot!

If you are interested in enrolling in a buying club/co-op, please visit the following website to find one close to you:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...