Family Of Eyres

Family of Eyres
Welcome to the stories of our life! We are so fortunate to have the most amazing extended families and friends. This is our way of keeping you up to date on the happenings in our world!

Monday, September 6, 2010

Bye Bye Pappy!

The time has been coming for us to get rid of Lily's pappy (pacifier).
With the boys, we did this around 18 months.
With Lily being our last and SO attached to her pappy, we were reluctant to do it.
I had planned to do this once Willie got home so he could share in the agony. Ha!

But, Friday morning, I woke up and just decided to do it.
Lily had asked for her pappy already five billion times.
So, while she wasn't looking, I took my scissors to the tip of her pacifiers.

I conveniently put the pappy on the counter where she could see and reach it.
She tried it out.
She looked at it.
She tried it out again.
Then, she said "Trash."
And she put it into the trash.

Throughout the day, she would ask for her pappy.
I would give her one of the broken ones.
{Don't worry: one that hadn't been put in the trash.}
She would give it back to me.
By the end of the day, she had thrown them all away on her own.

She has successfully taken a nap daily and gone to bed without her pappy.
The only difference for those is that I notice she is talking in her bed
before she falls asleep at naptime. No big deal!

She asked for it a couple times on Saturday.
I told her she was a big girl and only babies have pappies.
She asked for it once on Sunday.

So, we are a pacifier-free household.
I am thrilled to have done this because while it means this...
It also means she will have an easier time communicating.
{Talking with a pappy in has made her grunt some of her words.}


Out of all of the kids, she was the toughest one for this.
And all in all, not too bad!

Now, if only I could give them all a pappy in church so I could hear the sermon.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...